May 08, 2020
Food Allergy Awareness Month Roundup
Food Allergy Awareness Week 2020 is May 10-16. As members and allies of those with food allergies, we want to get the word out about some great in-home events that you can participate in to raise awareness.
As for our contribution, Lil Mixins is donating 10% of our proceeds to the Food Equality Initiative.
- Spread the word about Food Allergy Awareness week with a poster from FAACT. Print it out and put it up in your front window for neighbors to see. https://www.foodallergyawareness.org/education/food-allergy-awareness-initiatives/
- Donate to the Food Equality Initiative to help those who are lacking access to safe foods during this time.
- Turn it Teal is seeking submissions for a new logo!
- FARE - “Help Reduce the Risk in Infants” Facebook Live with Dr. Ruchi Gupta 1:30p ET. Since the release of the LEAP study, everything has changed. Get the low-down from one of the world’s foremost researchers on food allergies.
- Virtual Symposium: “Managing Food Allergies during COVID-19.” Short stocked grocery stores are a special concern for those with heavily restrictive diets. Easy swaps are not always possible. Listen to leading dieticians explain how to navigate this new world.
- Take the Top 9 Free Meal Swap Challenge in honor of Anaphylaxis Awareness Day. This is a nationwide challenge to eat one meal or even a whole day’s worth of meals without the top 9 allergens. Can you do it?
- Food Allergy 101: A Crash Course for the Newly Diagnosed. A food allergy diagnosis can feel overwhelming, especially for a new parent. Send to someone who could use some pointers on how to navigate this condition.
May 15CFAAR is holding a live event - "The Latest and Greatest in CFAAR's Food Allergy Research" 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM. Sign up here. CFAAR is at the forefront of research on understanding food allergies and their treatments. Join if you want to know what’s on the horizon.